TRON Grand Hackathon $5K prizes for the community

The best community in the space. #Flywithturu

1 Like

Awesome, from the Teams really proud of how TRX has been!!!

Voted for my favorites already they have been here for a while and are really doing awesome.

This is very nice and insightful.
I remember buying an Ethereum cloned project on the tron blockchain called tronmebit with its original version called ā€œmeebitā€

It was just a waste of money.
There was no originality.
No authenticity.
No value for money.

Just a pure garbage that had absolutely no utility whatsoever.

If the tron blockchain will be strong in the field of NFTs, then I agree with you that copy-paste projects should be blocked, banned or even blacklisted if found not to have any modifications whatsoever.

Spending hard earned money on shit is really heartbreaking.

This years hackathon should show originality, great utility, education and tools to make the tron blockchain a safe haven and an empire of knowledge for all crypto lovers.

1 Like

That is a great way to engage the community members :clap::clap:

2 Likes
  1. On TRON Iā€™d love to see a payment web3 payment gateway making onboarding easy. Iā€™d also love to see a web3 creator economy project.

2. Its been a lot of projects on each track and Iā€™ve been most excited about web3 projects. The new projects have really good potential. One even addresses the idea of creator economy unlike others. (Picardy Protocol) . They built a framework like like lens protocol, making each feature like artist profiles, follow module NFTs.

Im also excited for projects that have just 1 or 2 members.

JM Pay is a payment gateway already deployed and compatible with existing marketplace plugins (like Woo Commerce).

1 Like

I like this forum and chat!! :clap:

Looking at Luna earlier and Solona today ā€¦ I m pleased that I stuck to TRON ā€¦ never saw a security or speed issue on this blockchain :+1::blush:

1 Like

JM pay focuses on the merchants. Im talking about easy onboarding for customers alike.

1 Like

Hello Friend

I share with you a use case of the WEB3 segment of how we are innovating by integrating the TRON blockchain and Digital Wallets

It is basically a B2C (Business to consumer) integration where we connect distribution companies with their end customers through an e-commerce + ERP platform: e-Plus

This helps eliminate the repetitive work that companies and their end customers have to do when capturing orders.

#TronStrong :muscle:

Itā€™s a fab team indeed ā€¦ @TronNinjas :clap:t2:

1 Like

I am in mate. I wanna take part.

Q. What kind of projects would you like to see on TRON?

I would really love to see innovative projects that will be exciting to tron ecosystem and I see that in alot of great projects submission for these hackathon.

Q. Have you encountered any interesting hackathon projects so far? If so, please list them and let us know your reasons.

Yes DBANTA is is a great project in these hackathon and itā€™s here DBANTA- A Decentralized Social Media DAPP(Earn by posting, Mint Post as NFT)

Also I see very massive potentials with DIGITALMART, when fully developed, it will be very captivating to the whole crypto ecosystem

[ Q. Whatā€™s your opinion on a completely Ethereum-cloned project on TRON that is done by a different team than the original author?

Itā€™s wrong to just clone a project, itā€™s just unnecessary repetitive efforts, which will yield no good impact on the ecosystem

Q. Whatā€™s your opinion on a partially Ehereum-cloned project on TRON that is done by a different team than the original author, but with vast improvements and modifications?
If there are modifications then itā€™s somehow

great idea to increase community voice

Seeing some great discussion going on here, keep it up! And please make sure not to spam this thread with low-quality one-liner responses or promo posts otherwise your post may be flagged by other community users here.

Now that we have less than a week till the end of the Hackathon community voting & Judges judging period, letā€™s get one last set of topics going!

Q. What improvements can we make for TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season 3 which is set for mid-September?
(Please suggest all ideas you have. We donā€™t mind if your post is too long as the TRON DAO team will really read all posts on this thread!)

Q. How do you feel about vote buying? How do we draw the lines between promoting a project and asking for vote support, giving incentives to possibly win a prize by voting, and giving tokens/gifts outright to voters?

8 Likes

Maybe If everyone who votes have to choose a minimum of three projects to vote for in each category, this would make people look closer at projects to vote for. And also buying votes would be slightly less attractive.

Reduce the voting time to maybe one week.

Maybe communicate better to the teams who are entering that their community members must reach Trust level 1 to be able to vote.

3 Likes

For the first question I would say that the rules could be a little bit clearer about the kind of projects that are eligible (should they build on tron and bttc blockchain, mainnet/testnet, or is it enough if they promote the ecosystem without necessarily build an on-chain product).
But beside that the organisation was great. Thanks again to the whole organisation team. Thanks to @TronLive as well for keeping us entertained with your questions and for answering peopleā€™s concerns. Would be nice for the S3 if you start asking questions to the participants again as you did in S1 :wink:

For the second one, motivating a community to vote with motivational speeches and buying votes are different things. I personally think that buying votes shouldnā€™t be accepted. Rules should clearly state the potential sanctions if that occurs during the next hackathon. If nothing happens, it will be considered as tolerated. Which means that the community vote will lose its purpose. It will just be a freebies hunt. So I donā€™t see the point in being active in the forum and mobilising the community if eventually the ones who buy votes win.

9 Likes

If projects have active communities and are upfront with information about the voting process and also a good project there should not be a need for incentives to voters.

I believe TronDAO has to decide what they believe is fair agains other communities as itā€™s their event and their funds thatā€™s being used. But a clear set of rules on whatā€™s allowed and whatā€™s not would be good to have. The difference between $5,000 and $10,000 can be huge for a startup.

My opinion is that posting about your projects entry to your community is fair as itā€™s a community voting, but giving your community members incentives or gifts to vote is a bit unfair. But this is just my opinion and I believe we will se many different opinions on the topic here.

3 Likes

Q. What improvements can we make for TRON Grand Hackathon 2022 Season 3 which is set for mid-September?
(Please suggest all ideas you have. We donā€™t mind if your post is too long as the TRON DAO team will really read all posts on this thread!)

First of all this edition was already much improved compared to the last one. Would agree with @Stian that a minimum vote would be a great addition towards the next one. And donā€™t think have anything else to add there i love how active the forums got.

Q. How do you feel about vote buying? How do we draw the lines between promoting a project and asking for vote support, giving incentives to possibly win a prize by voting, and giving tokens/gifts outright to voters?

Promoting the project among the Tron community during the hackathon is a must. This can be achieved in many ways. But to keep it fair to all projects involved i think paid votes / giveways for votes should not be allowed.

5 Likes