TronXChange - Connecting publishers and advertisers for an improved ad ecosystem

Project Name: TronXChange
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: Lutron
Team Member(s): (1) @ageoflutron
HackerEarth Project Link: HackerEarth Submission

Project Goal: TronXChange is a Tron-based Decentralized App that connects publishers and advertisers, promoting a fairer and more widely accessible ad marketplace.

Project Value: The existing infrastructure of ad exchanges is an ineffective solution to connecting publishers and advertisers. The status quo advantages large businesses and incentivizes these businesses to monopolize the industry. A decentralized storage and payment system for connecting publishers and advertisers would directly address problems of transparency, audience privacy, and market monopolies. Advertisers would save on the commissions usually paid to ad exchanges, and small publishers would be able to enter the space without paying astronomical setup fees to exchanges. Both advertisers and publishers would benefit from not having to waste valuable time manually negotiating contracts with multiple exchanges.

Project Info: whitepaper (58.8 KB)
Project Website: TronXChange

Project Test Instructions:
SETUP

• Connect to TronLink and the TRON Nile Testnet.
  • Compile AdLibrary.sol in TRONBOX, using compiler 0.8.0+commit.7c2e641
  • Deploy AdLibrary in the JavaScript VM environment with a fee limit of 1000000000.

RUN

• Add some advertisements (addAdd()) and ad spaces (addAdSpace). Flow requires at least one ad with a higher price than at least one adspace. See details below.
  • Run an ad (runAd()). Note that the bid price must be not lower than the set ad space price, but not higher than the set ad price.

Project Details:
Advertisers store their ad content on InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) or similar decentralized storage technologies. Using the content hash, they then create a smart contract on the TRON blockchain to reference the ad content. These smart contracts will contain the usual metadata, but will also contain information about the type/format/size of content, as well as information about pricing and payment mechanisms.

Publishers create a profile on TronXChange, where they specify requirements for type/format/content of ads that they are willing to host. This information is also hosted on IPFS, and publishers associate this profile information with a smart contract that specifies their own payment mechanisms. When a publisher has ad space, they will post to TronXChange, which matches the post to advertisements based on eligibility requirements specified by the publisher smart contract and the individual ad’s smart contract. A winning advertisement is selected, the advertiser pays the publisher directly via mechanisms described in the respective smart contracts, and the publisher retrieves the content from IPFS via the ad’s hash. Publishers publish the ad alongside their pre-existing content, requiring user interaction (watching a video, scrolling past the ad, clicking, etc) as proof of publishing (proof-of-work) to validate the transaction.

For a small buy-in for each active day (each day where an ad is served), TronXChange maintains a measurement of a publisher’s ad engagement throughout the day. The publisher with highest average ad engagement (proof-of-work per ad served) receives a proportional payout in TRX. This incentivizes publishers to choose ads that are the most engaging and appropriate for their audience, which in turn creates a better user experience and serves as ad quality control. In a ripple effect, advertisers are incentivized to create ads that meet publisher requirements for higher quality and engagement.

Smart Contract links: testnet deployment

Project Milestones:
This project was ideated at the TRON x Princeton Hackathon on 9/23. Great care was taken in understanding the existing ad exchange infrastructure, designing functionality requirements and incentives, and designing server logics for a high-performance and scalable system.

The current status of the project is proof-of-concept smart contracts. Users may test the primary smart contract AdLibrary which provides MVP functionality. Users may expect a basic web UI by mid-October, roughly three weeks after the original whitepaper.

For the purposes of this submission, all ads and ad spaces are eligible to be matched with each other provided the price the advertiser is willing to pay is higher than the minimum price the publisher is willing to accept. In its final form, this system will allow advertisers and publishers to set requirements on the size, layout, and content of ads.

2 Likes

Welcome to Tron Hackathon session 5 seems in the rush there is a mixed up.

Please any difference in your project with this.

AdContract - Elevating Advertising Solutions by Delivering Trustable Achievements

1 Like

Hello,

Based on the submission linked, here are a few differences between the two projects. AdContract Team, please correct me if any of the following points are inaccurate.

AdContract prioritizes advertisers optimization of spend over an ad campaign; TronXChange focuses on providing a match between specific advertisements and advertisement space.

AdContract connects established advertisers with social media influencers; TronXChange connects small-scale advertisers and publishers. The Ideal User Profile (IUP) for TronXChange are individuals or small businesses (on the advertiser side) and niche publishers for whom centralized exchanges are inaccessible due to cost.

TronXChange allows publishers to define their win mechanism for ad space bidding, (for example, highest bid, best audience fit, etc).

Both projects use Web3 to address transparency issues in the existing advertisement infrastructure. Excited to see another team also recognize this issue–we’re on to something!

If so are you related to the similar projects?

Welcome to Grand Hackathon Season 5
Please any fees applies before publishing to your platform?

My question is, do these projects work on Blockchain or do users of Blockchain use these kinds of products? it seems we see some each season but do not see them again after the Hackatron

Same question, but the way I will asked this will
How well will a crypto newbies get to use this?
And how well will this project kinds reach their target audience?

Welcome to Season 5, for the first time I must confess I read this twice in a row and it’s still confusing. I still can’t grasp my head around the whole specifics of matching ads to publishers for payment.

Secondly, I’d like to know the specific details of the payment mechanisms for advertisers and publishers, thank you!

No, I do not know / collaborate with the author of the other project(s). This project was from TRON x Princeton Hackathon on September 23.

@Nweke-nature1.com there are no fees required before publishing to the platform, however, as mentioned in a description there is a small usage-based buy-in that applies each day a publisher runs an ad. (See description for more details).

1 Like

Hi @manfred_jr ! Can I ask, is TronXChange’s matching of publishers and advertisers confusing specifically, or would an explanation of the advertising industry infrastructure also be helpful? Understanding how centralized ad exchanges work really helps contextualize this project, so if it’s helpful I can give an explanation of those and contrast their mechanisms with those of TronXChange.

1 Like

I appreciate you taking out time to differentiate the different aspects, the matching of publishers and advertisers are specifically confusing in this context but if giving an overall explanation of the advertising industry infrastructure would better broaden my understanding in correlation to my inquiry, please do, I’d really appreciate,thank you!

Yeah, more or less is like that. The point is, we both got the same idea and identify similar issues in the advertising industry, and that’s good as you mentioned. However, we are taking different paths to execute our ideas, which means we’re not simply copying solutions but we do our best efforts to resolve the issue.

Wish you the best for your project!

2 Likes

I am particularly impressed by the way that TronXChange incentivizes publishers to choose ads that are high-quality and engaging for their audience.
This is done through a system of rewards, where publishers are paid more TRX for serving ads that have higher engagement rates.
This creates a positive feedback loop, where advertisers are incentivized to create better ads, and publishers are incentivized to choose those ads.
I am excited to see how TronXChange develops and how it is used to improve the ad ecosystem.
You are indeed welcome to Tron Hackathon season 5,best of luck buddy

1 Like

Will do! I’ll come back and edit this comment with a better explanation soon… in the thick of midterms week atm yktv

Would be anticipating your response, trust you’d come up with the most modified responses to my series of inquiries.

Hi @ageoflutron

Thank you for displaying your test net smart contract.

Are you still on track to deploy to main-net before end of November?

Welcome to season 5 and wishing you all the best. @Prince-Onscolo said, we see these kind of projects every season, but after all is said and done, they evaporate.

Can you convince us that yours will be sustainable and in what way are you going to achieve this sustainability.

1 Like