AdContract - Elevating Advertising Solutions by Delivering Trustable Achievements

Project Name: AdContract
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: AdContract Team
Team Member(s): @0xDim
HackerEarth Project Link: AdContract on HackerEarth

Project Goal:
Our goal is to use blockchain technology to make digital advertising fairer and more transparent. AdContract serves as the platform that connects advertisers and publishers, allowing for measurable targets, provable results, and assured agreements. We aim to help advertisers and publishers succeed while ensuring integrity in advertising.

Project Value:
AdContract has its commitment to transparency and trust. Every action and transaction is securely recorded on the blockchain, creating an indisputable record of results. Advertisers can be confident in the effectiveness of their campaigns, while publishers can rest assured knowing that their rewards are guaranteed based on their performance.

Project Info:
AdContract Presentation.pdf (336.4 KB)

Project Website: https://adcontract

Project Demo:

Project Test Instructions:
We will create the instructional video, but for now, please follow the following steps as an overview:

• As an Advertiser

• Sign In using this account: user1@mail.com, pass: testuser
    • You can explore any past campaigns in ‘My Campaigns’ menu.
    • You can create a new campaign by clicking on ‘New Campaign’ button.
    • Fill in the campaign information, including the campaign terms.
    • (switch to Publisher, see ‘As a Publisher’ below)
    • Publish your campaign.
    • Deposit your campaign.
    • Wait until the campaign ends, the app will process the campaign performance based on the video views.
    • You can see the campaign performance result and If there is an excess deposit balance, you can withdraw the excess funds.
  • As a Publisher

• Sign In using this account: user2@mail.com, pass: testuser
    • Go to ‘Publisher - My Media’ menu. Select a campaign to add some Media (YouTube videos)
    • You can add some Media (Youtube Video) links for a campaign that is assigned for you.
    • (switch to Advertiser, see ‘As an Advertiser’)
    • The advertiser will publish the campaign and put some deposit, you can wait until the campaign ends.
    • If the campaign reach any target terms, you can withdraw the campaign rewards.

Project Details:
AdContract is a platform that brings the power of blockchain technology to digital advertising. It acts as a bridge between advertisers and social media influencers as the publishers, making advertising fairer and more transparent.

At its core, AdContract empowers advertisers to take control of their advertising budgets, optimizing spending by aligning costs with campaign performance. For publishers, rewards are determined on actual performance, ensuring fairness rather than assumptions or favoring popular channels. It creates a level playing field where hard work directly translates into rewards.

Another AdContract’s standout feature is its commitment to transparency and trust. Every action and transaction is securely recorded on the blockchain, creating an indisputable record of results. Advertisers can be confident in the effectiveness of their campaigns, while publishers can rest assured knowing that their rewards are guaranteed based on their performance.

Smart Contract links: Contract Address on TronScan

Project Milestones:

• Tidying up the site design

Next Steps:

• Multi Channels Support
    Currently, the app serves as an MVP and supports media only from YouTube. The next step is to make it capable of accommodating media from other platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, and more.

• Publisher Profiler
    We need a system to profile the publishers for more effective ad targeting, and the data should be recorded on the blockchain.

• User-Controlled Data Profiles
    One of the challenges with centralized platforms, like those currently in use, is that the platform retains control over user and publisher profiles. One of the strengths of a blockchain-based system lies in its transparency, where ownership should rightfully belong to the users thus granting them control.

• Enhanced Analytics
    We should provide better analytics for our users.

• Our Own Media Platform Powered by TRON
    This one is a BIG step, to have our own media platform like YouTube or TikTok. but decentralized. Honestly, I’ll keep things realistic; let’s focus on the immediate challenges first, and we can discuss this later.

Thank You!

7 Likes

How many of this project exist?
Because I already read another project with similar features like this one but different name.

2 Likes

Hi @Youngyuppie ,

As far as I can tell only two exist. Unfortunately, both were posted in the last few hours so teams were unaware of the other project. However, there are some key differences between the two projects (see comments under the TronXChange submission).

2 Likes

Okay! I will examine both critically to identify the difference in both projects

1 Like

You are welcome, please I want to know more about this. How do you make them more fairer and transparent and why do you think they are not more fairer and transparent

Welcome to Season 5, this is the second entry in the past hour centred on advertising.
My question is bordering around protection, how would you ensure the security and privacy of users and publishers?

I’m glad to know that we both got the same idea and identify similar issues in the advertising industry. And we are taking different paths to execute our ideas, which means we’re not simply copying solutions but we do our best efforts to resolve the issue. Wish you the best for your project!

Hi, thanks for your welcome and your question.

Okay, let’s consider a simple example from my experiences with one of the major media platforms (I won’t mention the brand name, but I’m sure all of us use it). Sometimes, they display irrelevant ads due to their profiling of publishers and users, but they maintain these profiles ‘under their desk’, which means they lack transparency, meanwhile the advertiser’s budget were spent for those irrelevant ads. On the other hand, blockchain is designed from the outset to be transparent and open; everyone can verify the transactions taking place. Therefore, I believe it can’t be fairer than this.

Hi, thanks for your welcome.

Our web app is hybrid, which means it operates with two backends. One functions like a typical web app, utilizing a database, where we can securely store confidential data following industry best practices. The other backend is based on blockchain technology. Data shared by both parties, such as campaign terms, campaign targets, and performance statistics, etc are stored on the blockchain, thus it will eliminate disputes or anything related to trust issues.

I am so glad to see that the project team is planning to support multiple channels and provide enhanced analytics for users.
These features will make the platform even more attractive to advertisers and publishers alike.
I sincerely wish you all the best and you are welcome to Tron Hackathon season 5.

alright my next question is about audience. Before a company or a team will advertise on your platform they need to see the number of people going to see this advert. Do you plan to market your platform on these already known platforms to attract attention?

Yeah, those are in our next features list, do you think enhanced analytics should be prioritized more than the other features?

Thanks a lot! After intense works on the last days, your comment feels like fresh water :slight_smile: I really appreciate it.

Well, AFAIK about advertising, there are two kinds of them:

• One is about impressions (for branding, like Coca-Cola), I forgot what this is usually called in marketing, this is usually for broad audience, it’s not really targeted to specific group.

• Another one is targeted ads, because it usually tries to sell something.

Related to your question, in the current phase, our platform still relies on established platforms. We’re going to provide publisher channels (with this information sourced from platforms like YouTube, for example). I understand that we can’t fully trust the data provided by these centralized platforms. Therefore, we are taking a gradual approach with our next feature being the Publishers Profiler that will address this issue.

Thank you for all your questions, they provide valuable inputs for us in further development of our platform.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking:
A hybrid web app operating with two backends? Sounds like multitasking by default and makes me wonder, how do you handle synchronization of data between the traditional backend and the blockchain backend in order to maintain consistency and accuracy in the platform’s operation?
Thank you!

That’s a good question, it’s indeed an interesting and challenging aspect when we design the platform. The answer depends on the specific case; essentially, the data stored on the blockchain is contractual information for both parties (advertisers and publishers) or information related to those contracts (such as campaign performance data extracted from the media platform). Otherwise, we don’t need to keep it on blockchain, let’s just use the traditional database, in this case synchronization is not needed.

Okay, allow me give an example case to make things clearer. Let’s say for the campaign terms, we need to store this information on the blockchain because these terms serve as the basis for the agreement for both parties, regarding whether the campaign achieves its target and the extent of that target, which in turn, determines the reward to be given to the publisher. We will store this data to the blockchain when the campaign is published, and once a campaign is published, its content cannot be altered, because it settles the agreement for both parties. Indeed, from the technical standpoint, we store information to ‘synchronize’ the data between the database backend and the blockchain, such as the campaign IDs for mapping of campaigns data and so forth.

Hope it answers your question, let me know if you have further inquiries.

Thanks for replying, I really like how you take the time to explain citing examples that makes comprehension alot easier, it’s really amazing.
But there’s one thing that struck my mind, how would you handle cases where there may be disputes over the campaign terms? Would there be provisions in place to address such situations?

Thanks, it’s a pleasure to have a discussion with you.

As your question, I hope I understand it correctly, but there should not be any disputes because the campaign terms, as the agreement, will have been recorded on the blockchain even before the results occur. This means that both parties (advertiser and publisher) have agreed to the terms and can transparently view the agreement on the blockchain.

Let me explain with an example: Let’s say an advertiser states, “I will reward any publisher $100 if my ad is displayed on your video and it receives 10,000 views.” Then he creates a campaign with that rule, selects a publisher to run the ad on their video, and the publisher also provides the campaign with the video info. When both parties meet their agreement, the campaign will be published to the blockchain, and they can verify that the agreement is recorded exactly as they have agreed upon. Later, when the campaign ends, the app will check how many views the video has received, and this information will also be recorded on the blockchain as proof. Thus, from start to finish, everything is recorded on the blockchain, making it fully transparent and verifiable. That’s why one of our goals in using our platform is to eliminate disputes and establish trust.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if you need further info. Thank you!

1 Like

Oh you really make comprehension so easy with how you explain further, thanks for that!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you find my explanations helpful.

1 Like