VideoTRON by Team Ignitus

Project Name: VideoTRON - Tokenization of Video Assets and Monetization.

Project Track: artistry

Team Name: Ignitus

Team members: Santhosh Nair, Shoydon, Ujjwal and Binu - https://devpost.com/santhosh451

Devpost Project Link:
https://devpost.com/submit-to/20329-tron-grand-hackathon-hackatron-season-6/manage/submissions/

Project Goal: Video Content Monetization using Blockchain and Smart contracts.

Project Value: We are addressing the challenges of tokenizing real-world assets such as music, video etc., and monetizing the content for creators, through the use of blockchain and smart contracts.

Project Website: https://video-marketplace-tron.netlify.app/

Project Test Instructions: You should unlock the Tronlink wallet before testing.

It takes a little while to load the NFTs. You could use the “Open” button to “play” any of the available NFTs by paying a small amount in TRX.

Next, you could go to “Create” tab and mint your video token. It can be “played” from another account as you cannot pay yourself.

Project Details: https://youtu.be/9l7OA_KD-wY

Smart Contract link: TRONSCAN | TRON BlockChain Explorer | 波场区块链浏览器

Project Milestones: Milestone 1: Finalization of problem statement
Milestone 2: Front-end development
Milestone 3: Smart contract development and deployment
Milestone 4: Integration of front-end and smart contract
Milestone 5: Testing and bug-fixing

7 Likes

Please your project post doesn’t look the way it supposed to. Check other project’s post to edit your submission

2 Likes

Welcome to Season 6, please fill in the missing parts of your offering so community members can duely engage or make an update asap, either which one works.

1 Like

Welcome to Grand hackathon season 6,your project VideoTRON sounds very innovative and interesting. Here are some suggestions to make it even more credible.

1. Provide clear documentation and instructions on how users can interact with your platform.

2. Conduct thorough testing to ensure the functionality and security of your smart contracts.

3. Consider integrating user feedback and making improvements based on their suggestions.

4. Collaborate with industry experts or influencers in the blockchain and video content monetization space to validate your idea.

5. Showcase any partnerships or collaborations with reputable organizations to build credibility.

I wish you the best of luck buddy.

2 Likes

Great! I think your project look a bit better now. My question is, how do you plan to monetize video contents using your platform?

Bug alert :warning:

After accessing your website and trying to create a video content, the insert boxes failed to open up my directory after several clicks. Can you check what the issue that caused this could be

Thanks for testing our website. We shall look into the issue and fix it ASAP.

1 Like

Please are there limitation on what and what to be monetize in your platform?

Welcome to the Hackathon

Our platform is meant for monetizing audio/video content. Pictures are not planned in the near future.

There is a limitation of 5 minutes for the audio/video content. We are exploring other options for hosting longer videos.

You can connect with me on linkedin for more detailed discussions.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nairsanthosh/

Thanks. As can be seen in the youtube video, any user who wants to “play” the video NFT has to pay for watching the video. Most of this payment goes to the creator of the video and we get a small commission. This is how we monetize the video content.

Thank you, Valerie, for your support.

Thank you Okorie for your suggestions. We will be following ALL of them post Hackathon as we are busy bug-fixing at present.

1 Like

You are welcome and I wish you and your team members the very best of luck.

Welcome to Grand hackathon season 6,
Is there any limits to videos I can upload on a daily basis? Does your platform accept all kinds of videos including xxx ?

Welcome to the hackathon. By tokenizing of video assets, you mean users paying a token to watch those videos in your platform while the payment goes to the creators?

What makes you think that people are going to adopt your platform since an average internet user is exploring means to use these things free. Platforms like YouTube and other streaming sites give access to online videos free and a lot of emerging platforms are promising to even reward their users for using their platform for watching online videos. What make you think that these viewers are going to leave these sites offering free usage in their platforms to use yours?

1 Like

There is a limit of 5 minutes of video at present; we are exploring ways to upload longer videos.

Ideally we want to avoid xxx content; but it will have to wait until an AI bot is implemented.

1 Like

Superior content will always command a premium. Our site is meant for creators with thousands of followers in other platforms, to bring over their ardent followers to pay for the superior content. We are solving their issue of “frequent micro-payments” which kills the user-experience.

sorry but what is this? Did you submit your project like that really?

If you got this screen, it is because you are not logged in to your wallet. We shall fix this issue before the public beta is announced. Unfortunately, it is too late to change it for the submitted project.

1 Like