Project Name: BlockFabric
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: BlockFabric
Team Members: @jnlewis
Smart Contract Links:
HackerEarth Project Link: blockfabricdev_ef38 - HackaTRON Season 5 - Submission | HackerEarth Hackathons
Demo Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_SLgJkueAQ
Project Goal: We want to give anyone the ability to effortlessly create, deploy, manage, and see insights into their smart contracts.
Project Website: https://www.blockfabric.dev/
Community Contributed Templates: GitHub - blockfabric/contract-templates
Please note: This beta version of the application is an early release. The final version may differ significantly in terms of features, appearance, and functionality.
We asked ourselves:
“How can we make the power of blockchain technology and smart contracts accessible to everyone, regardless of their technical proficiency?”
The inspiration for Block Fabric comes from the understanding that blockchain technology and smart contracts hold vast potential to revolutionize various aspects of our digital lives. Yet, this potential remains largely untapped because of the technical complexity associated with creating and managing decentralized applications (dApps).
We wanted to provide a solution that didn’t just cater to expert developers, but also to non-technical users who have great ideas but lack the coding skills to translate those ideas into functional dApps.
This led us to the conception of Block Fabric - a platform designed to enable anyone to effortlessly create, deploy, manage, and gain insights into their smart contracts.
Block Fabric is an all-in-one smart contracts development platform for the TRON, BNB Chain and Fantom. It enables effortless creation, deployment, management, and analysis of smart contracts for both beginners and expert blockchain engineers.
With no-code templates, analytics, storage and robust management capabilities, it caters to both beginners and advanced users, democratizing access to blockchain technology and paving the way for a more decentralized digital future.
Multiple Blockchain Support
- Blockchain: TRON, BNB Smart Chain, Fantom
- Storage Provider: BNB Greenfield, IPFS (Coming soon)
No Code Smart Contract Templates
- Build your contracts from a growing collection of Community Contributed preset templates you can use and customize, no coding required.
Import Existing Contracts
- Easily import contracts that you already have active on the blockchain.
- Create multiple apps, each having their own smart contract and decentralized storage properly organized providing you with a holistic view of your dapps.
Built-in Compiler and Deployer
- Compile your smart contracts and deploy them to testnet and mainnet with a button click, directly on the platform.
Analytics & Insights
- See insights and understand how people interact with your dapp.
- Browse and organize your decentralized files directly on Block Fabric. (Powered by BNB Greenfield) Note: Greenfield, like IPFS, is a standalone storage solution and can be used by apps on different chains, like TRON
- App version management
While we strive to keep the majority of features free so anyone can experience and use BlockFabric, we plan to introduce a freemium model in the future to sustain the project’s development. The platform will still remain free for basic use.
- The frontend Web Application is developed in React using the NextJS framework. The authentication, analytics and core APIs are developed in NodeJS.
- These applications are hosted on Vercel.
- Solidity Compiler (Solc) is used for compiling Solidity code into Contract Application Binary Image (ABI) and byte code.
- TronWeb is the library we use for all contract interactions, including deployments.
- BNB Greenfield is the decentralized storage used on Block Fabric. Note: Greenfield, like IPFS, is a standalone storage solution and can be used by apps on different chains, like TRON
- We rely on data from block explorers such as TronScan API to power our analytics dashboard.
- The offchain database is used for various operations of the application and is hosted on Google Firebase using the Firestore service.
One major challenge we encountered was integrating our no-code templates with OpenZeppelin, a widely popular library for smart contracts with a robust community of maintainers. Our difficulty lay in the requirement of importing third-party libraries’ sources into our contracts at compile time when leveraging them. After investing significant time and effort, we are pleased to have successfully found a way to make it work.
- Project inception, early planning and prototyping
- POC available with minimum features:
- Create and manage apps
- Build contract from templates
- Deploy contract to mainnet or testnet
- View Code, ABI and ByteCode
- View Functions, without interaction suport
Q3 2023 (TRON Hackathon)
- Open-sourced contract templates for community contribution
- Analytics and insights dashboard
- Contract Functions with interactions/execution
- Ability to import existing contracts on the blockchain
- Integration with Greenfield decentralized storage
- Overall UI/UX improvement
- Promote to Open Beta stage
- Submission to TRON Hackathon S5 & BNB Chain Hackathon
- Launch Dapp learning center
- Public outreach and marketing activities
- Version management
- Allow linking multiple wallets