Disqualification/Not being Eligible

So what are the main reasons for a project to get disqualified or not being eligible to attend next phase? Are there any new rules after Season 4?

5 Likes

Same rules, you can find them all in the season 5 post and on hackerearth.

Few examples:

• if the contracts have been deployed before the hackathon
  • if a project enters in the wrong track
  • if the MVP on testnet wasn’t ready on time
  • if there is any copyright infringement
  • if they “forgot” to notify that the product has been presented in an other hackathon before
  • …
7 Likes

So its mostly about the responsibility of the teams… Idk even though they are so obvious people are late to finish their work on time… Maybe they don’t care enough or they don’t trust their work enough.

5 Likes

For example one project is disqualified because it was in another language even though it was told to for all projects to be JUST in english and people still complain…

2 Likes

I hope that these teams will not be too upset and continue working on their projects!

3 Likes

Haahha I mean if they’r gonna give up on the first struggle what’s the point of creating something those things are never easy eh

2 Likes

It’s not easy building, but you have too understand the cost of operation, the ability to build on a fast server.
The worst part is not telling the dev what they did wrong, so they can try harder on the next seasons.
But the silence suggests that your project isn’t worthy to be build on our infrastructure (Blockchain) thefore thats why didn’t select your product.

And most dev give up because they see a hello world website with a github repository, winning in votes or late projects that didn’t even communicate with the community qualified in voting.

So why try, when you can just dca on Bitcoin or Tron and forget about what the decentralized system is doing. I mean if the Tron does partnerships with companies to use it for stable coin transactions, then you’d have better gains the losses on operations costs.

:man_shrugging:. Point is to have a good community you’d to tell people what they did wrong so they can fix it and build a better product, but if not then you jus have a snake eating its own tail.

2 Likes

Sorry for the question, but does the fact that not all projects participate in the voting mean that they are disqualified? It seems to me that these are different things, don’t they?
I mean, can’t they come back next season with the current project, but much improved?
Correct me if I’m wrong.

3 Likes

They can, but improvements would be made if they were told why they didn’t make it to the final round.

in order for them to start preparing for the next season. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well I got ur point but if you are not eligible to meet the requirements you are ‘disqualified’ or not eligible so its mostly about meeting the requirements

2 Likes

Very nice comment indeed, If ur a developer and don’t meet the necessities you’ll have trouble and the most important part is to understand the assignment well and try your best while being responsible about it

Don’t say sorry cause u ask questions mate here everyone treats each other like family

1 Like

I beg to differ, cos if this is solely the reason, they wouldn’t go ahead to give projects the opportunity to stand a chance to win the determination prize if the project is released on mainnet on the stipulated date.

We have been around for a very long time and this is not the first time these worries have been raised. I dont know why the decision is kept from the general public. They might have their own reasons for keeping it out of the public consumption. U just keep building, whether hackathon or not, u r here for the long term and if u r tired for a first attempt.

Then it means ( i can only assume, i stand to be corrected) that you came in for a quick cash grab.

1 Like

It’s not really about the price, The price is given to help you build your product to the fullest, and help with operating cost, marketing etc.

And also in voting doesn’t guarantee you a win, but it gives an understanding that your project is on the right track.

1 Like

Well building based on the hackathon is my 1st attempt, reasons for creating an nft marketplace is about creating something on the BitTorrent ecosystem, i was with hoping someone will built it by now, but waiting for something you not sure of you’d rather build it yourself the cost to run it is something else.

Quick cash or not, you still have to give dev a reason to build even if they didn’t qualify. Otherwise you really jus saying we don’t need your project in our ecosystem.

I saw some project that are still building but in other blockchain.:man_shrugging: does that mean they wanted quick cash?

1 Like

Send a DM to the creator of @constantinpricope201, i think he didnt make it to voting last season (i stand to be corrected)

But he has qualified for voting this season.
Also u can contact @JavierGarza, his two project didnt qualify for voting last season. But both project has qualified this season. These people might be of great help when it comes to what, where and how they managed to correct the problem to help them qualify this season.

Hoping to see you next season after consulting them.

2 Likes

It’s not really about being worthy or not. If you want the reason, you can dm one of the trondao team members. The reason why one project is disqualified differs from an other project.

2 Likes