An electronic voting system using blockchain is a type of electronic voting system that uses blockchain technology to record and verify votes.
BENEFITS OF USING BLOCKCHAIN FOR E- VOTING.
(1) SECURITY: Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology, which means that it is not controlled by any single entity.
This makes it very difficult to tamper with or hack a blockchain-based e-voting system.
(2) TRANSPARENCY: All transactions on the blockchain are publicly visible, which makes it easy to verify the integrity of an election.
(3) ACCESSIBILITY: The systems can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, which makes them more accessible to voters than traditional paper-based voting systems.
SOME CHALLENGES THAT NEEDS TO BE
ADDRESSED BEFORE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE
WIDELY ADOPTED FOR E-VOTING.
(1) PRIVACY: Voters may be concerned about their privacy if their votes are stored on a public blockchain.
This could be addressed by using a private blockchain or by using a technique called “zero-knowledge proofs” to hide the identity of voters.
(2) USABILITY: The blockchain-based e-voting systems need to be easy to use for voters of all levels of technical expertise.
This can also be achieved by using a user-friendly interface and by providing clear instructions.
(3) REGULATION: The Governments may need to develop regulations governing the use of blockchain for e-voting in order to ensure that elections are conducted fairly and securely.
Despite all these challenges, blockchain has the potential to make e-voting more secure, transparent, and accessible.
As the technology continues to develop, it is likely that blockchain will play an increasingly important role in e-voting systems around the world.
SOME EXAMPLES OF BLOCKCHAIN BASED E-
VOTING SYSTEMS THAT ARE CURRENTLY
(1) VOTEM: Is a blockchain-based e-voting system that is designed to be used in elections for government, businesses, and organizations.
It also uses a private blockchain to store voter data and votes, which helps to protect voter privacy.
(2) DEMOCRACY EARTH: Is a blockchain-based e-voting system that is designed to be used in elections for government and organizations.
It also uses a public blockchain to store voter data and votes, which helps to ensure transparency.
VOTING WORK’S: Is a blockchain-based e-voting system that is designed to be used in elections for government and organizations.
It also uses a hybrid blockchain to store voter data and votes, which helps to balance security and privacy.
Blockchain technology has the potential to revolutionize electronic voting by making it more secure, transparent, and accessible, and can provide voter anonymity, auditability, and tamper-resistance.
The technology can also help to reduce the cost and complexity of electronic voting systems.