Project Name: Fitness Ventures Sports Clubs
Project Track: Web3
Team Names: Code Sport Labs
Team Member(s): @arroyo (representing Builder’s DAO and Code Sport Labs)
DevPost URL: Fitness Ventures Sports Clubs | Devpost
Demo Video & Walkthrough: Fitness Ventures 04 (Short Demo): Quick Demo and dApp Walkthrough - YouTube
We are a B2B Blockchain platform focused on the sports and fitness industries. We plan to either interface or collaborate with:
- Health Club Management Software like Mindbody
- Fitness Equipment like NordicTrack
- Fitness trackers like FitBit
- Global sports apparel brands like Lululemon
- Sporting Event Sponsors like the Spartan Race
- Athletic Teams & Associations like the NBA
- Fitness Apps like MapMyRun
- Wearables like Athos and Under Armour Connected Shoes:
The fitness industry generated over $390 Billion in revenues in 2021.
In terms of monetization, Fitness Ventures is a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription to established businesses in the sports, fitness, health, and active lifestyle industries.
Such businesses would pay a monthly licensing fee to integrate Fitness Ventures into their apps and websites. Fitness Ventures would also collect a small royalty fee for each membership minted or sold.
This project was quickly prototyped within 3-days and was built around a business plan.
Fitness Ventures enables NFT-based Memberships, Fitness Tracking, Sports Competitions, and Event Scheduling. Our target market is the sports, fitness, and active lifestyle industries.
In partnership with Builder’s DAO, memberships will be Programmable, Utility NFTs. These NFTs will also read and display electronic data from:
NB: The UI/UX is not finalized and will be fully revamped.
Fitness Ventures is part of a portfolio of programmable and utility NFT projects that the Code Sport and Builder’s DAO teams are spinning out. These projects are multichain dApps which explore novel, but real-world use cases of NFTs.
GitHub Repo: https://github.com/codesport/fitness-club-dao
Short, 3.5 Minute Walkthrough: Fitness Ventures 04 (Short Demo): Quick Demo and dApp Walkthrough - YouTube
Admin Functions Walkthrough: Fitness Ventures 05 (Admin Walkthrough): Contract Read/Write and Admin Functions - YouTube
The current version supports:
Fitness club creation (organized as a DAO)
- Companies, entrepreneurs as well as sports and fitness enthusiasts to launch sports teams and fitness groups organized as ERC-721 (NFT-based) DAOs
Read/Write and Admin Functions: Team administrators may update membership fee, team size, etc. Everyone else may read Team’s metadata and global state variables
NFT-based Membership: Fee-based sign-up of new members to an existing club by means of an NFT minter
- NFTs and JSON metadata are pinned to IPFS via Pinata
- Individuals can register and join virtual and real life fitness, workout, and sports teams by purchasing memberships minted as NFTs
Full DAO functionality works! This has been confirmed by Unit Testing in all contracts .
- Live Unit Testing Output: New YouTube Video Showing Execution of the Governance Unit Testing Script
- Allows us to keep users on our platform by building our own custom UI for Governance activities
- Negates the use of 3rd party websites for Governance
- Bumped dApp version from 0.1.0-alpha to 0.1.5-alpha