HackaTRON S3 community topics - $5K in prizes!

Exactly, if this project is actually considered for prize in the forum, then @TronLive, @admin.hackathon and @trondao really takes it community for granted also.

I am waiting for the 16th december verdict, and if i should see this project winning any forum prize, then the team will have to bow down their head in shame.

1 Like

Same goes for many other projects which says we weren’t targeting forum prize.

1 Like

They should all be fished out and make their wishes come true. What at all are you building that will not be used by the community?

Are u building for spirits?

1 Like

Actually, the concept of democratic way of selecting and testing is something that gives them a chance to see what users think of their product.

I have seen no Hackathon encouraging that in a manner that THS-3 has done. I am really proud of it.
On top there is a judging too. If I am a project owner and I win judges prize with community votes, I’ll be just looking to continue building the product and eill know for sure that my product will be an actual requirement of the community.

May god help these developers who believe all are below me and these community members vote makes no difference to us, because we will invite for 30-40 friends and ask them to vote for us.

It’s a shame on us!

2 Likes

I just have to believe the team will do the needful. Otherwise we are not going anywhere.

I’m not defending anybody here but what I understand is that he’s building for builders, not for the community and I guess he sees the community vote as a popularity contest which he has no interest in (since he’s building tools that can help builders, his target isn’t to be popular amongst the community).

Now, I’m disappointed when he says that he isn’t going to keep building on Tron and would like to know what are the reasons and how could Tron improve. I think prizes are to encourage and support builders so they keep building on the chain. Not some sport competition to see who can build faster and better. That’s my opinion and I don’t ask anybody to share it with me.

2 Likes

All your observations are quite understandable.
But what do you think if he wins something from the community, since we are not target audience.?

If he carries the day at devpost, its great but he should not win anything here cos it will contradict all his statements made.

Also about not building for tron again.
I once said something when some of the projects were disqualified and were talking painfully in a manner that was really uncalled for, i said they should not say something that will force them later to eat their own words

In the heat of the day u just have to choose your words carefully.

If the community has estimated that his project brings value to the ecosystem then it’s up to him to accept it or refuse it :man_shrugging:

Yes, I see what @Nana66419 means but I don’t think it’s fair to say he shouldn’t get the prize because even though he wrote that he never breaked any rules. It’s a slippery slope if we start disqualifying projects without them breaking a explicit rules

2 Likes

True, we shouldn’t disqualify but these are the projects which shall be scrutinized too for the votes they have received.

The big question is can any project creator call all their community members to TRON DAO Forum for voting purpose?

If that is so then it should be added to the instructions and then everyone will try to get their community/family/friends to the forum before the end of Hackathon.

1 Like

If your friends and family are Tron users they are more than welcome to join the forum and participate to the discussions :innocent:

1 Like

Whether building for developers or builders, we are all part of tron community. They should be mindful of the words they use.

1 Like

Devs, builders and end users form the community, I am against what he/she/they said. Everything you are building will be use by people

1 Like

Hahah will he refuse it?

I think based on his own words the @admin.hackathon can say;

“**your project was seen as a great project which won community vote to be in the 5th position, but however due to this statements made by you, we can’t award you the said prize and therefore it has been given to another person who saw the need to interact with the community **”

You reap what you sow, u can’t sow pepper :hot_pepper: and reap tomatoes :tomato:, thats not how the world works.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but will it be fair to those who placed in alot of effort in the community forum yet didnt get the required vote to get a better position.

As @H_P said, his votes has to be looked into, how can u have just seven replies to your forum post out of which one was his.

I dont see any engagement whatsoever.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: if only it is allowed then so be it.

No worries at all.

@Nana66419 @H_P

On top I am certain that they might be on top by some unethical ways.

Please do not make any statements you cannot proof and do not blame me in unfair voting unless you can show any evidence of such. I testify that I did not perform any forbidden actions (and, tbh, was so sure that I won’t win anything, that even didn’t ask my friends or relatives to vote). Your suspicions are not backed by anything and are pure speculations.

I don’t see any point in discussing your initial statement, because it’s 100% valid opinion - you have a right to think I don’t deserve this prize, and I can’t say that I completely disagree. I easily see how this can affect the judging and make me get 5th place (because currently there are 2 projects in tie occupying 4th place, and recently we discovered that partners will decide in such case). However, decision not to award me with prize because I do nothing special to win it. If you mind the community opinion - voting results clearly represents it.

I’m even able to explain why the date of posting does not significantly affect voting result: while voting, personally I looked through every post and read only original posting, not all the discussion below. My project ended up being quite interesting for other developers.

Finally, just to be clear: I mean one and only one thing - marketing shit, promotion, writing long texts asking to vote for me or check out my project etc… It does not include the actual technical part: I’ll be glad to help on github issues and have answered all the questions about the project here. I’m not going to sell something and do the marketing - and it turned out that it was not strictly necessary to get community votes. Community is the target audience of the final product - SDK is a thing for other developers, you know, it doesn’t make sense in vacuum - I’m just strongly against spending my time for advertisement. I’m not building TsTron for abstract “TRON community” or forum citizens - only for other developers who may benefit from one more available language.

1 Like

Well, then thank you for your interest! if you’d really like me to elaborate more on this, I promise to make a more detailed write-up in 1 or 2 days here. Please ping me if I forget:)

I have been waiting for your response. Welcome :pray:

The community is filled with developers and not only bypassers.

Will you take the prize if you are awarded??

I think he should keep the prize. The community voted. I’m sure he’ll make good use of the money to keep working.
This discussion should remain strictly on track, meaning verifying the projects’ compliance to the rules of the hackathon.

2 Likes