HotSkills by Vad - Decentralized freelance platform

Project Name: HotSkills (formerly MeDo)

Project Track: Web3

Team Name: Vad

Team Member(s): Vad - I’m working solo on the project

DevPost URL: HotSkills (formerly MeDo) | Devpost

Project Goal:

1. Promote mass adoption by attracting freelancers to the crypto industry. As per Verified Market Research, the freelance market size was valued at USD 3.8 billion in 2020. Growing at a CAGR of 15.02%, it is expected to grow to over USD 12 billion by 2028.
  2. To attract freelancers into crypto I’m going to create the best crypto freelancing platform guaranteeing payments by smart contracts, providing security and an integrated payment system that can decrease delays and minimize fees.

Project Info: The platform is a mix of popular web2 freelance platforms like UpWork and Fiverr. It allows users to earn crypto by executing paid tasks added by others or by promoting their own services. Two types of tasks are currently available: First Come First Serve - the first user who applied will be set as an assignee, Selected by Author - the task author can select an executor from the candidate list e.g. by their ratings or based on their profile info. Third task type such as escrow contract - TBD. The task author can request changes if they are unsatisfied with the result or open a dispute for third-party result verification - TBD.
Users can request payment after the result is submitted if the task author didn’t request changes and didn’t complete the task within 10 days.
Users can create their profiles to provide more info for customers.
Users can add, pause/resume, or delete their services. Others can request those services.

Project Website: https://hotskills.netlify.app/

Project Test Instructions: All you need to test the HotSkills dapp is to switch your TronLink wallet to Nile testnet and connect the wallet to the website. You will need some test TRX for testing. You can get 2000 test coins here.
Note: assigned tasks and results are visible to all users currently for testing purposes.
Enjoy your testing! :wink:

Project Details: Smart contracts are written in Solidity and deployed to the Nile testnet. Contract address: TG2XQuSvCW1BJbKd4s8bxAvATHFmQHbU4Y. Frontend is written with React. User flows:

Project Milestones:
MVP prototyping was completed within Session 2.

What was done after that:

1. Change requests functionality - completed.
  2. Services functionality - completed.
  3. User profiles - completed.
  4. Storing task results on IPFS - completed.
  5. Redesign UI - completed
  6. Buy hotskills.app and hotskills.net domains - completed.
  7. Third-party task results validation (escrow contract) and dispute functionality - in progress.

What is in the plans for the future:

1. New features such as messaging, multiple file uploading, milestones, in-app notifications, and reward negotiation - TBD.
  2. Start community building process in socials - TBD.
  3. Develop to the production-ready state and deploy to the Tron mainnet - TBD.
10 Likes

Check out the updated UI and rebranding

3 Likes

working solo, interesting. some teams are 10+ from what ive seen

1 Like

If you need a third party dapp for the crypto payment gateway have a look at pay.just.money and don’t hesitate to reach if you have questions :+1:

1 Like

what a nice project, loved that

1 Like

@aarusho My skills seem enough at the current project stage but I’m considering expanding the team in the future once needed.

1 Like

@fabsltsa Thanks for reaching out. I’ll take a look

1 Like

@ElisSenaVatansever Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I love the idea that you brought up for this project.
So much interesting

@Alade-dev Thank you! I hope my project will not disappoint you.

1 Like

Greetings vad! Your project seems to be missing details on the following. Please add them to your project. Thank you!

Please Include:
Project Website
Project Test Instructions
Contract Address

After a thorough scan, it looks like your project post is very similar to a project that has been posted in Season 2. Can you let the community know what improvements and updates have been made compared to this project - MeDo by Vad - Decentralized freelance platform that you have submitted in the past?

According to post #6 of TRON Grand Hackathon Season 3 - Get started Now! projects that haven’t completed their roadmap for the Hackathon in past Hackathons will not be eligible for the current season. Please make sure your existing project is already live and for the community to use.

3 Likes

The project is finally submitted! Good luck to all participants!