Project Name: HotSkills (formerly MeDo)
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: Vad
Team Member(s): Vad - I’m working solo on the project
DevPost URL: HotSkills (formerly MeDo) | Devpost
- Promote mass adoption by attracting freelancers to the crypto industry. As per Verified Market Research, the freelance market size was valued at USD 3.8 billion in 2020. Growing at a CAGR of 15.02%, it is expected to grow to over USD 12 billion by 2028.
- To attract freelancers into crypto I’m going to create the best crypto freelancing platform guaranteeing payments by smart contracts, providing security and an integrated payment system that can decrease delays and minimize fees.
Project Info: The platform is a mix of popular web2 freelance platforms like UpWork and Fiverr. It allows users to earn crypto by executing paid tasks added by others or by promoting their own services. Two types of tasks are currently available: First Come First Serve - the first user who applied will be set as an assignee, Selected by Author - the task author can select an executor from the candidate list e.g. by their ratings or based on their profile info. Third task type such as escrow contract - TBD. The task author can request changes if they are unsatisfied with the result or open a dispute for third-party result verification - TBD.
Users can request payment after the result is submitted if the task author didn’t request changes and didn’t complete the task within 10 days.
Users can create their profiles to provide more info for customers.
Users can add, pause/resume, or delete their services. Others can request those services.
Project Website: https://hotskills.netlify.app/
Project Test Instructions: All you need to test the HotSkills dapp is to switch your TronLink wallet to Nile testnet and connect the wallet to the website. You will need some test TRX for testing. You can get 2000 test coins here.
Note: assigned tasks and results are visible to all users currently for testing purposes.
Enjoy your testing!
Project Details: Smart contracts are written in Solidity and deployed to the Nile testnet. Contract address: TG2XQuSvCW1BJbKd4s8bxAvATHFmQHbU4Y. Frontend is written with React. User flows:
MVP prototyping was completed within Session 2.
What was done after that:
- Change requests functionality - completed.
- Services functionality - completed.
- User profiles - completed.
- Storing task results on IPFS - completed.
- Redesign UI - completed
- Buy hotskills.app and hotskills.net domains - completed.
- Third-party task results validation (escrow contract) and dispute functionality - in progress.
What is in the plans for the future:
- New features such as messaging, multiple file uploading, milestones, in-app notifications, and reward negotiation - TBD.
- Start community building process in socials - TBD.
- Develop to the production-ready state and deploy to the Tron mainnet - TBD.