Low/poor turn out for Hackathon season 4?

During hackathon season 3 there has been a massive turn out for projects and community by this period of time.

What is the secret?

Will be late entry rush?

What is really restricting them for not showing interest till this moment?

Are season 4 rules different or hard?

What are your intakes and observation so far?

4 Likes

we believe there are preparing very well before they submit.
Different rules and your project must be at certain level in order to receive full price so you can’t just submit a project you haven’t started or a that’s in a planning stage

3 Likes

Thanks for the observation.

Well on the low turnout of project in this session Hackathon 4.

I guess the following:-

1. Most project are currently building, coding to meet up with the S4 standard or requirements.

2. As maybe the usual, maybe we will see late hour rush.
    Where tons of project will be posted overnight
    With 100 notification lols.

3. Maybe some projects are no longer interested,
    Maybe the think the have low chance of winning.

4 Finally, some projects still in search of project unique ideas and innovation.

But whatever happened.
The S4 Hackathon will be held successfully.

The clock is ticking …

3 Likes

Yes this correct point to

Some of the project are taking time to crosscheck f
To be able to meet up with standard and requirements for this session Hackathon 4

3 Likes

Es cuestiĂłn de ver como se presentan los acontecimientos.
Este S4 se diferencia de los otros, se requiere más trabajo, más exclusividad en los trabajos y que presenten un nivel alto de utilidad.
El pago por hitos creo que también tiene que ver.

1 Like

Noted :white_check_mark: hopeful to see more of them coming

1 Like

I see, which means they are doing more extra work or task before publishing

yeah but there may be something else too
maybe this season we will only see a few projects

2 Likes
  1. There is the fact that they need at least a MVP to pass the first round that might push projects to consider more seriously before applying.
  2. Some projects have already participated 3 times and might want to take a rest for this season and focus on the products they have already built.
  3. Every season, there is a rush in the last few days. Lot of projects applying just before the deadline which is, this time, on April 15. So one month and a half to go.
  4. The prize pool went from 1.2M to 500K. The first prizes from 60K to 20K. That might have had an impact as well.

Don’t forget to also have a look at Dorahacks. Some projects have already applied there but not on the forum yet.

4 Likes

Thanks you sharing this opinion with us

Additionally,

Rest:- yes some already existing projects
Would take rest to develop their already existing projects
Some of those projects are doing well beyond the HACKATHON price ( I guess).

Prize pool:- BOTH reduction and increase of prize pool for each winining category
Can influence the numbers of participants in .

Yes , of recent I check Dorahack few projects where listed there.

Maybe it best the post here in this forum for us to s4

1 Like

is it possible to know those who have applied on doracks

1 Like

Yes, you just have to make an account on Dorahacks and browse around.

1 Like

Well, previous winners come back not just for prizes but also and above all for the visibility.

As I said in an other topic (about projects not backed by VC), marketing often requires substantial funds. And the Hackathon is a form of marketing that not only doesn’t cost anything (if you have planned to build the product you are presenting anyway, there is no additional cost) but also potentially brings you funds.

2 Likes

oh OK thank you brother

2 Likes

Seems I had difficulty logging in
Dorahack .
After I signed up

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know this

Yes, I see this very CORRECT

THIS REAPPEARANCE OF EXISTING PROJECTS IN
THIS S4 HACKATHON …A BIG FORM OF MARKETING , VISIBILITY AND PROOF OF RELEVANCE IN THE ECOSYETM

THIS HELP KEEP THE PROJECT IN RADAR

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification :pray:

Let’s see how it goes then

1 Like

yeah yeah
we waits
one just dropped in the builder’s track

1 Like

We have also gotten to know that, the low turnout of projects in this forum is also as a hindrance on the part of Dorahacks as the number of projects submitted there does not reflect what we are seeing here.

The Admin said Dorahacks currently hold the keys to approval and it is only when they approve that they can get the permission to post here.

2 Likes