TRON Grand Hackathon Season 3 - Get started Now!

Project Name: LSP (Tron Legacy)

participating in the academy track @admin.hackathon

2 Likes

This season is going to be challenging

2 Likes

Why did you wait the last minute to ask the admins to be allowed to post in the forum? Project development means also organization and planning. The request to post on the forum had to be done weeks ago, IMHO

1 Like

@Sirluke do you represent the hackathon team somehow? I donā€™t want to chat here, so please explain clearly whether this is an official request or just your opinion as another participant. As per your question, I waited because there was no instruction to go the opposite way. Quote from eligibility requirements:

A project post on TRON DAO Forum before the deadline.

I do not pretend to win any sort of community prizes which are not distributed upon official judging (this sort of games is not what I like in devs). The eligibility requirements say that I need to create a post - I formally fulfilled everything that depends on me (posted a request for allowance), and this is not my fault that hackathon team has not approved it on time. 3 hours is enough to write some throw-away post to be formally eligible.

Organisation and planning - definitely yes. I managed to free enough time to complete first project milestone, and my plan was to submit the solution in the last day - because I finished development hours before the deadline due to other work-related duties, and this activity can be seen in github actions runs. It changed functionality available, thus I was unable to record a video in advance. Hereā€™s why I delayed all submission steps till the deadline day. And, as I said before, I did not want to post daily updates (and still donā€™t) and do marketing stuff (my project is developing Tron SDK in Typescript - so it targets developers and does not need such promotion), so there was no need for me to create a post earlier.

2 Likes

First of all: Iā€™m not a member of the hackathon organization, Iā€™m just a forum member and participant. Take my words as advice for the next time, but the admins might not endorse what Iā€™m saying. This is a forum after all, so everyone is free to tell what he thinks about.

Regarding the requirements, reading from post #3 on this thread:

Steps to participate:

• Leave your DevPost username saying you want to enter underneath the Season 3 TRON grand Hackathon Post. Make sure to tag @admin.hackathon for visibility.
  • Wait for approval to be added to the Hackathon group which will give you the permission to create a project post on the correct hackathon participant category

The 3rd point clearly states that the participant needs to wait some time before heā€™s allowed to post in the project thread. Since the request and the effective submission are not correlated, you could have made the request earlier and posted at the last minute. I think you made a small mistake expecting the approval to be nearly instantaneous. This is a forum, not a grout chat, the timing is different.

4 Likes

@Sirluke thank you! I did not take into account an option ā€œgo apply in advance and just do nothing until you have toā€ - thatā€™s really my faultā€¦ To be honest, I expected much better technical implementation from a forum of a huge crypto community, and for approvals - something similar to discord bot synced with participants database, that can automatically approve such requests.

Anyway, what especially surprises me is a complete ignorance by managers. I sent 2 emails, the first one - a week ago. Admins posted here that everybody was approved (5 days ago) and recommended to follow instructions in DM. There were more than 10 people asking for approval within last 4 hours, and none of them seem to have same problem now. I canā€™t catch what is unique with my case and why am I unable to get any response. Well, they can say ā€œno, you were too late to submitā€ - but give at least some answer.

(As a side note, what I currently see means I wonā€™t participate in 4th season, because admins are unresponsive, and wonā€™t come back to tron ecosystem again, because the API docs are just awkward)

Thank you again for your answer, I really feel kinda dumb since idea to apply in advance without continuation did not cross my mind. Though Iā€™d really like this problem to be finally resolved positively - hackathon page does not clearly set the time limits, so my submission should become eligible in theory. As a participant, I do not want to make any additional assumptions about the system internals, and the posting requirement is synthetic enough not to be obvious.

If you donā€™t mind, Iā€™d prefer to stop any discussions regarding this situation until I have a final response from Devpost support (they are currently trying to process my request, and the Devpost employee who works as a manager of this hackathon is already notified). I will write here back once some decision is made.

3 Likes

Hard work always pay good luck for the season 3 everyone

2 Likes

I agree that a response from the @admin.hackathon is due and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get it.
TronDAO is working very hard to make things better, I participated in S1, S2 and now S3 and things definitely improved. There are still many improvements possible and a lot of work to do, but it will be done. Tron is a great place to develop, despite some quirks.
Good luck!

5 Likes

hola, felicitaciones!!!

2 Likes

@admin.hackathon

Hello!
I have participated in Hackweb3 at Harvard University. I want to submit for the Academic track too!

Project Name: Tronify

Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi all, this is general feedback to those who couldnā€™t join our Hackathon S3 in time. Please note that we have repeatedly stressed that hackathon participants should begin making a project post towards the start of the Hackathon and not towards the end of the Hackathon as one of the requirements was to stay engaged with the community during the Hackathon period.

The forum was bombarded with tons of spammers and potential vote buyers that tried to game the system right before the submission period was over, hence thereā€™s a backlog of posts the admin team needs to go through.

We have also sent out reminders on Devpost updates multiple times on creating a forum post early to avoid potential issues like this.

Since the Academy Track was organized by another organization other than Devpost and they had different Hackathon dates, we are only allowing last-minute Academy Participants to publish their posts on the forum at this stage.

Thank you for your understanding.

14 Likes

When does the voting end?
Here it says 13Nov & on Devpost it says 4Nov?
Which is right?

3 Likes

Hi @Mayank both dates are correct.

For the judges, they will need a lot of time to go through the projects thoroughly, so they will start judging on Nov 29 to Dec 12 MST.

However, for community voting, the voting period is shorter as requested by the community after we had our Season 2 Hackathon so it will only span from Nov 29 - Dec 4 MST.

10 Likes

This is great, I was also wondering if the most successful project will win the First Position because of those that have been ready to buy vote for them self, I am relieved with this information, please @admin.hackathon and Co-Team see to this very issue to the End of the season, Thanks

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good logical decision ! May be an official announcement on social media would help as many participants might not be aware of these changes .
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes announcement on Twitter or FB need for all participants as it reduced to 5 days from earlier

2 Likes

Good observation Mayank :+1: keep supporting community

A generous move by TronDAO team for Academy Participants :clap:

Hola, un buen detalle y consideraciĆ³n por parte de TronDao, en que Academy pueda presentar sus publicaciones en el foro.

2 Likes

Good luck guys on this

1 Like