TRON Telegram energy bot - energy provider: let it work for you

I advertise my own bot and users can trust it because I am an official moderator of TRON main Telegram group.

Every interested energy provider will have his own bot for himself which he’ll advertise by his own to encourage users to use it.

As Fabs said (another good idea, @fabsltsa !) all official bots created this way will be legitimated by the TRON police bot.

4 Likes

Posting here to for visibility.

Sounds cool! A few questions…

If your server is down, are all the bots down?

Regarding freezing for longer than 3 days if I paid for 15 days and the seller defrosts after 3 days, are you responsible for refunding my trx?

If 2 people try to rent same time and send trx and there is only energy available for one rental, how is the refund for the other rental handled. Do I need to contact the seller and provide the details and convince them to refund my trx?

I’ve been scammed on telegram before about renting energy. Wouldn’t this make it easier for scammers to scam more easily. They can just drop a post about their bot in telegram groups and newbies will just get scammed by interacting with it. So, now, scammers can scam new TRON users without even talking to their targets.

And, if there is any issue about a bot, are you responsible for handling it and refunding any TRX involved?

Tx

5 Likes

Thanks for your interesting questions.

The server is not in my local devices but a cloud service from a recognized and big company and I’ve never faced any issue with them - all the bots I’ve made are live 24/7. Anyway I’m considering and budgeting going multi-server in order to precisely avoid any issue they may have anytime in the future.

If two buyers try to buy at the exact same moment (althought it’s so improbable), orders are fulfilled FIFO (first in, first out), so the second buyer will have his funds back immediately in an automated way.

I think it doesn’t make it easier for scammers because the bot checks in real time if there are available balance to freeze, so if a buyer places the buy order and makes the transfer, the bot freezes it automatically without the energy provider even knows an order has been placed at this very moment. I mean, if they post they have a bot, that means the bot actually has permissions on a certain wallet of them, and if they don’t have spare assets there, the bot will prompt there is no TRX left to freeze, so the buyer couldn’t buy anything at all.

And considering any issue, that’s why the energy provider and my details will always be accesible to any buyer with the “/contact” command, so the buyer can always talk to any of them (us) in case any problem arises. If the energy provider makes any inconvenient action or there has been any misunderstanding and he doesn’t refund the buyer, you can report it to me and after proper due diligence and intermediation, his bot will be suspended if the buyer is right.

7 Likes

Thanks for your responses @Deiva. Really appreciate it.

I asked about your server cos I’m trying to understand what resources are needed for a telegram bot to run. Sounds like even though it’s a telegram bot, all the individual seller bots run on your servers. So if your servers experience downtime the bots will not function. I guess when you have several bots, since all api requests to tron api are made from your servers, you could be rate limited by tron. Unless you are planning on hosting your own tron node.

I guess my biggest concern about scammers is not that they won’t send energy at all but prematurely unfreeze after the buyer rents for, say, 30 days. I really don’t see how you or anyone else can do anything about this. If enough people complain and you cancel a scammer’s bot, they could easily create another bot and do the same thing again. Since you said you are working on making the seller bot creation automatic, this makes it easier for scammers to open new accounts quite easily. Even if you have some kind of blacklist of seller addresses, they can just move their trx to a new account and create a new bot. This is my biggest concern with this. Heck, even TronLending was accused of prematurely unfreezing several times by several people in their TG group. Not sure how you can recover the lost trx when this happens. Unless, you make it clear ahead of time that you are not responsible and the buyers are completely responsible for doing their due diligence, in which case, it will not instill a lot of confidence in your bot.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments one more time and I understand your concerns.

I think this can be easily addressed by letting the bot to retain the buyer payment and only send it to the energy provider proportionally everyday until the last day, so the buyer would be actually paying for real day usage of the energy he rented. If the energy provider prematurely unfreezes, the remaining payment would be refunded to the buyer.

On the other hand I don’t want to automate the bot creation, on the contrary: everyone who wants his own bot has to talk to me and I will be the one who activates it in the first place, so for example they don’t fake real admins or moderators accounts and so on. That will be on me, indeed. I don’t discard something to develop about energy provider’s reputation as well and include it in the very first message of the bot.

I hope this clarifies your doubts.

5 Likes

Thank you! That clarifies my doubts.

When the rental is for more than 3 days, does the bot do that right now where it sends seller the trx fees for 3 days first and then sends the fees everyday? This means storing all the trx securely in one of your accounts. Hope you have good safety practices.

It also means that your system needs to check all the freezes regularly to make sure they aren’t unfrozen before sending payment to the seller. This is not very practical as the seller could unfreeze within a day and freeze back to the same address a few hours later. Your system, unless it parses all the transactions of the seller account periodically, wouldn’t know that this happened. Anyway, just one of the many things sellers can do when you are not in control of when they can unfreeze.

Good to know that sellers need to contact you and get your express permission to create their own bot.

Thanks again for answering my questions. All the best!

4 Likes

Nice concept for the members

3 Likes

Yes, wallets used by the bots are used exclusively for that purpose and don’t engage in any other activity. What’s more, if the bot of any user receives many orders and many payments a Ledger could be used - for now it has never been necessary but I’m open to it.

Yes, the system checks every minute all the freezes. If a supposed frozen order is not found on the energy provider’s wallet then the remaining funds are sent back to the buyer. It’s true what you say about the actions he may do (unfreeze and freeze again), but the bot checks the orders every minute, the seller would have to do it fery fast in order to be undetected by the bot, but thank you for sharing this, I’ll double think about it to see if another security check could be developed here. Right now, as I said, the bot checks all ongoing orders every minute, and if any problem arises the buyer will have his funds back and if he notices any fraudulent action has been done (and he’s right) the bot will be deactivated.

Finally, yes. No bots could be created without talking to me first, because I’m the one who actually creates it and tell the seller which wallet he has to grant permissions to in order to let the bot operate.

Thank you one more time, it helps me to improve the process and the bot itself, and give me ideas for further steps as well.

6 Likes

Screenshot_259 (2)

3 Likes

You all can try it talking to @TRON_energy_bot it Telegram :+1:

4 Likes

Wow, this is super cool. I have always wanted to rent energy for my transactions, never really knew where to start from, but after reading this i am very happy to have found it. Keep it up :+1:

Will definitely try it out for sure.

3 Likes

Best wishes :+1::+1: will try out the bot soon :innocent::joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words! Sure, use it any time you need energy, it’s live and working :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, friend :joy: best of luck in all your projects as well!

3 Likes

Haha :joy: thanks a ton :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Interesting idea. Have been away from Tron for while and noticed lots have changed. Energy bot seems like a needed thing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Happy to build in this great ecosystem!

3 Likes

True … the ecosystem is great for builders :+1:

3 Likes

:100: agree! Great builders around: Turu, JustMoney… it’s amazing seeing them grow from zero to infinity!

5 Likes

Really great project, hope u have the luck you deserve.

3 Likes