Come and join our HackaTRON S4 community topics and win prizes!

Mmm I will tackle the second question.
It seems the projects in S4 do not have communities. At least we should see some of their community members supporting these projects but what we always see is the old faces we know on this forum. Are they inviting their communities at all? Are they waiting till voting to invite them?

Some are not new projects so these old projects do not have a community about 50 people?
It seems the people I see here are from @turuglobal @TronNinjas #Tronbies and @JustMoney communities.

By the way kudos to the community members who are active here and doing their best to support #Trondao and projects building on #Tron
Cheers to us all

2 Likes

Tengo que añadir que yo pertenezco a la comunidad de @accesovip123 Cukies World y precisamente estoy 365 días activo en el foro. Gracias por tus felicitaciones.

1 Like

Thank you bro so we have @accesovip123 Cukies world community here.
You are doing well bro
Keep it up

1 Like

Gracias, todos estamos dando mucho en este foro

1 Like

Thank you for your input to improve the HackaTRONs. It is possible we could help promote these projects outside of the TRON Forum as they are most likely busy building! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last one was organized at Harvard University, it was a superb event, the pictures from the event spoke volume. If there is another one to be held then try out Massachusetts Institute of Technology, as it is also one of the greatest schools that can give TronDao the best of atmosphere it seeks to achieve.

I am always saying for a hackathon to be interesting and challenging, the tron team should first identify their own problem, make it known to participants and watch them try to find solution in their own possible way.

Last season someone did an ATM machine that won first prize, what other DIY machines can be done by participants that are crypto and blockchain related. The last time it was an ATM machine, next time it could be a vending machine that accepts tron or any other cryptocurrency. Something realistic. We have been dealing with too much abstract things for a long time.

Another suggestion if permitted;
Just as America has alot of prospects in the field of computer programming, i think the team should also come down to Africa and organize some here, most people dont even know something like this exist in the world, just make your presence be known here and i tell you, the kind of things these guys will come up with, you will realise you have all these while been sleeping on a gem. I trust my guys here and i know when they are told to deliver they always set the bar very high.

That is very true, projects owners alone can’t be blame, the problem is in three folds

1. On the part of administrators not been able to grant project owners access to post their project on time, it has well been explained that Dorahacks holds the keys now, but i think a little coordination from the part of the administrators can help fast track everything.

2. On the part of project owners; most of them are quite tight will coding and trying all their best to meet their deadlines, but that shouldn’t be an excuse to ignore the community altogether, they should atleast find time to come around maybe once or twice in a day to answer questions.

3. On the part of community members; it is great to have our own personal opinions and ideas to share, but it seems we are very much buried in our own threads than paying attention to these projects.

I remember @AlexFedotovqq pleading with members here to please check his project out and give suggestions, recommendations and ask questions but it seems his plea nearly fell on deaf ears. We are not here as a community to push our own agenda but to help push the developers to build something better for us all.

It is only when we read their post, try their dapps, watch their videos that we will be able to raise questions where necessary and make recommendations where applicable. We all need to play our part. The project owners alone can’t talk when they are not getting the needed response.

I hope we try as much as possible to give these projects the needed attention they all deserve.

Thank you

5 Likes

I suggest it should be held at Stanford university. But because we’re aiming to reach everyone, I suggest in future you consider other continents. For instance if it’s held in Africa atleast I will feel proud and feel being part of the community, thank you.

5 Likes

Hello again @Nana66419 !

We are looking to work with more USA Ivy league schools in the future!

We currently have a Web3 and DeFi track on our HackaTRON. It would be great to see more TRON wallet applications or real world projects created in our events.

We have done a NiTRON events in the past which were hosted globally. I will advocate and see if we can expand TRON events to other countries :slight_smile:

I also agree that in order to have project engagement we also need Community engagement. We will be working to expand the Forum population and reach. This will help generate more traffic to these projects.

1 Like

If that be the case then i would like to recommend, Princeton University. I know prospects from that school can deliver great project for tron.

Also i always like projects that seeks to solve real life issues and even if it is not solving, it is bringing another idea that is way outside the box.

I made mention of a vending machine that accepts cryptocurrency. With such type of machine in the mix of the traditional machines can lead to crypto adoption. Sooner than later, the traditional once that accepts coins might transition to crypto accepted vending machines.

So what real life problem does tron seeks to solve, make it known and allow these students to brainstorm and bring out ideas that can be worked on to solve the issue onboard.

Furthermore it will be very lovely to see new faces and more brains in the forum. The forum is filled with the usuals, we cant do it alone and most at times we tend to miss some crucial parts of some of the various projects development. As more like minded people come onboard, we can cover more areas to help these projects bring out the best in them to the tron community and the crypto space as a whole.

The next time you are in Africa, Ghana to be precise, kindly let me know, i will see what i can do to make the awareness big to bring in new devs that are ready to solve problems. Thank you

3 Likes

Need more participation from TRON DAO developers, community team & members on TronDAO Forum.

Maybe launching a mobile app for TRON forum would be greater for active engagement.

Anyhow, TRON developers should be active in at least one online platform to interact with community builders and members.

2 Likes

Happy Monday @Nana66419

TRON’s current goal is to become the global settlement layer and #BUILDtheFUTURE on blockchain. I recommend having students review our HackaTRON and see what building tracks we offer (Web3, DeFi, NFT, GameFi, and Eco-friendly). If students focus of these tracks when building Im sure they can bring great utility to TRON.

If I visit the Africa / Ghana area I will certainly let you know and we can organize a TRON supporter meet up :slight_smile:

I suggest we consider Eventbrite in the future. It allows users to have fun, create promote their products. I prefer it to other platforms because of it’s easy searchability.

1 Like

The few Ghanaians who are into crypto are very dedicated so it’ll be a welcoming moment to see you and engage with you

2 Likes

I suggest project team members to engage members on especially ordinary days to have more fun in order to create a rapport between team members and the community. They can sometimes initiate conversation on any topic at the chitchat section to engage the community. By so doing they stand a chance of bridging the gap between the team members and the community

2 Likes

Heya guys! We’ve been blown away by the amazing questions you’ve been asking on the HackaTRON S4 participants’ project posts. Keep up the great work! :clap: Did you know that the system scoring for community prizes will be based on the activeness of your participation on the forum and the number of likes and post engagements you get? So, the more meaningful questions you ask, the higher your chances of scoring big!

Also, the Hackathon team is taking note of all the fantastic suggestions you’ve been making throughout the forum, and they’ll be adding them to the scores too. So, keep those suggestions and questions coming! Your participation is essential to making this Hackathon a success, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Onto the next set of questions before the voting session begins!

Q. Do you think having a builder track is useful? Builder track allows existing hackathon participants from previous seasons to join a specific track to keep developing their existing projects. Why and why not?

Q. Did you notice any projects missing from the community poll for S4 that you think should be up there? While the Hackathon team has rules to ensure fair participation, we still want to hear from you! Please note that some projects may not have made the list due to these rules. However, those projects that didn’t make the list still have a chance to win one of 3 Determination Prizes of 5,000 USDD if they can prove that are serious about building and push their projects to the mainnet by June 1st.

Q. What are some projects that you are keeping an eye on? Do not self-promote and spam here please :smile:

4 Likes

thank you too for giving us this forum to bring out the ideas we have as community members.

With the first question, it’s very useful to have such a track. Previously we had some complains from New project about competing with well established projects, so I think that’s why #TronDao created this track for such projects.
Now they have their own league to compete with eachother. Also this track encourage projects to keep upgrading their already existing products. We’ve seen @JustMoney introducing #SpotTrading and others too

Q2: I am yet to see this season’s community poll.
So I will come back when posted…

Q3: lol, to be frank this season’s Hackatron has provided some great projects. I am keeping an eye on most of the projects in Eco-friendly track :pray:

3 Likes

HELLO TronLive
Hello everyone
Hello Tronics.

Thanks for the opportunity
Thanks for the information

A 1. For the builder’s Track.
In my opinion, it very important and necessary to have the builder’s Track.
For it show advance building and development from a particular project.

For me, it shows that the best of the building project are in that category.

I also so believe that from the builder’s Track.
Project can collaborate to complement themselves which at large is for the betterment of the Tron blockchain.

A2. About some projects not making up to to the qualifications list.
In my view, I believe the should a post that contains
All the disqualified project ( maybe with their Reason of DISQUALIFICATION).

A3. So happy to have and see some wonderful project for this S4 Hackathon.
Lovely track… my eyes on builder’s Track

3 Likes

Hola, gracias por la información.

1. Pregunta, el tener la pista de constructores es útil para todos ya que vemos los productos que se han desarrollado anteriormente, deben en cada nuevo hackathon desarrollar una aplicación nueva y útil la cual hace que su proyecto se expanda y establezca un beneficio a los usuarios y a la comunidad.
    En mi opinión, en esta pista la dividiría por temas.
  2. Cuando llegue el momento de la publicación de la encuesta, comentaré si a mi parecer falta algún proyecto.
  3. Este S4 ha aportado proyectos de calidad, estoy revisandolos todos. Estoy expectante en la pista de constructores.
5 Likes

Hi @TronLive :wave:

I was thinking about the fact that the winners prizes are sent in 2 part (a part after the voting/judging period and the rest after the milestones are achieved).
This is great way to help builders to go mainnet without giving the whole prize away which pushes the projects to really deploy on mainnet.
But since the official results will come out on May 15 and the milestones should be achieved for June 1st, I think this 2 weeks period is a little bit short. I don’t think that Trondao Finance Team will have all the first payments executed early enough for projects to deploy on mainnet by June 1st. I don’t even think that all the projects will have the payment form filled by then :joy:
So for next season I would recommend to either pay the whole prize after deployment on mainnet or plan a longer period of time between the announcement of the results and the final milestone date. This way, new projects with smaller funds will have the possibility to get enough to achieve what they want to achieve before the last deadline.

Q1. Honestly I was very skeptical about the builder track before this season started. But finally I like the way it was implemented: Former participants building on top of something that was presented in a previous season and can show that the improvement is significant can join the builder track. Former participants building something totally new can participate in any other track. This track has been exciting for lot of projects but also community members :+1:

I see that the voting topic is open already so I will come back for the Q2&3 later.

5 Likes

I am suggesting we build a track on internet connectivity (I don’t know if it has previously been considered). We are now leaving in a world where without internet connection, we are never going to be excited regardless of where we find ourselves. Someone will be partying, at the sports stadium etc. And will still be wanting to be connected to the internet to do several things.

Apart from surfing through the net internet also helps us to connect our security gadgets to our mobile devices whether we’re in the house or outside. It benefits us in diverse ways

Some countries are fortunate to have easily access to these especially the developed countries but our part of the world (Africa) is lagging behind on internet connectivity. I am therefore suggesting that we include Internet of things ( if that’s the actual name) to our tracks and I think it’ll gain more momentum because we all know the essence of it and will be actively involved in it’s conversation. All the other tracks we’ve discussed so far largely depends on internet.

2 Likes