HackaTRON S6 - $5,000 Community Contributor Prize

1. Every time I look at the bottom of the projects, some of them always post ridiculous and the same questions. For example; “What makes you stand out about x”? Even though the guys didn’t even say in their statement that there was anything that made us stand out about this X issue, they keep asking questions like this. You should make those accounts to not able to vote when it is time to vote. Everything is solved.

2. I’ve been following since season 3. I think hackathons are taken it to higher level this season thanks to @SimbadMarino . Projects are now being scrutinized much more closely, and that’s nice. Also, tron bot was effective in terms of pointing out the shortcomings. Bring it back again please.

3. I have no idea about this topic, so preferreing to be silent.

4. I don’t find the rewards very logical. In the past, forum awards also gave motivation and allowed people to advertise their projects. Now even a project that is very popular on the forum can only receive 3k. Because some projects already have their communities and free award goes them in there. These rewards should only apply to new project who can make themselves accepted. Otherwise this forum reward strategy doesn’t sound very good.

9 Likes

Also, when it comes to ai part again, on some accounts, they just throw away 1-sentence comments that are not ai created. There are no details about the project in these sentences. Those accounts must also be identified and their voting rights must be taken away.

3 Likes

ahahah totally agree, I thought I am the only guy who realized it. I don’t understand how some guys can create many accounts and they don’t know how to manage all.

@SimbadMarino when creating accounts, are you checking same IP address or which country they comes in?

For example if 100 guy comes from one specific country in 1week or smt. you can ask them to prove their ID’s or smt. Otherwise it is not fair for projects who works fairly

3 Likes

I want to add one more thing. I won’t name names on the forum, but just because there is a $500 reward for these 10 people, some people just sit there all night and comment on 20 or 30 projects in 2 3 hours. I’m sorry, but the only reason for this is interaction and the ambition to get the prize.

Sometimes it takes 30 minutes - 1 hour to review a project, but unfortunately such things do not seem very convincing.

3 Likes

I just want to answer part 3. Although the integration track is interesting, I observe that the explanations in the competition rules are a bit confusing and few people participate. Maybe in other seasons, it will be shared what an example project could be like, so that developers can continue their projects with peace of mind. Or, for teams that are not sure which category their project fits into, a separate link can be created and they can put their projects into that category according to the decision made here. A good quality project should not stress over such things.

5 Likes

What’s up Tronics?

Wishing you all the best for hackaTRON! :muscle:

Inspired by the TRON Hackathon Community Contributor Prize, UpDawg Team launched UpDawg Community Contributors Fund. I invite you all to check it out if you still haven’t- UpDawg Community Contributor Fund

Please, also checkout our submission for HackaTRON S6- uDawgBot 🐾 TRON smart contract updates on Telegram :paw_prints:

2 Likes

This is a great topic to discuss and when we are discussing it we should also consider a lot of projects here that are not adding any substantial value to the community. The team are only coming up just to win prizes and walk away. From individual POV, there are a lot of projects I can confidently call out that are not going to be around post hackathon period. Most unfortunately, member/s from one of the projects I am so interested on, is in this mess. Then a lot of projects that only when you read their hackathon post, you will be so confident that the project is going to die a natural death after the hackathon season. But coming to the topic of our discussion, I have this to say;

1. Just as @Prince-Onscolo said, these guys should be thought on how best to use this tool to facilitate an effective engagement order than doing copy and paste in the forum. AI has taken the heart of technology, I think it doesn’t make sense to ban users who embrace it. What we need is to guide them on how best it should be put to practice.

This doesn’t rule out the fact that those chatgpt questions are really so annoying though

1. About the quality of projects submitted this season, I think it improved a bit though was still below my expectations, especially with the level of projects that came up with a gamefi approach. This is a field many projects has tried and couldn’t deliver much on. So I wonder how these mostly start ups are going to change this narrative. There is no doubts that some are only here to grab the prize and follow the exit door, only to come up with another project during the next season :thinking:

2. Short answer - Bitcoin L2

3. By stopping hackathon projects from participating in hackathons with a new project, let them work on expanding their services order than participating with an entirely new project/s. This alone, will limit the number of inactive projects in the ecosystem.

5 Likes

interesting idea Prince.

1 Like

We have a system to detect same IPs participants to avoid bots, specially during the community voting phase.

About the AI commenters rest assured admins will focus more on valuable engagement than number of comments. People actually testing products and providing feedback or non-generic questions to projects.

2 Likes

With the last question, I agree with @Youngyuppie
Projects from old participants must be checked to see the value or the impact they made after the previous Hackatron before allowing them to submit an entirely new project.

3 Likes

This is my first Hackathon participation in this forum and I really enjoyed the community supportiveness in helping suggesting ideas to project team and the way communications are passed here. I wish project team will maintain this communication with the community after the hackathon and distribution of prizes. I like the quality of projects in this seasons Hackathon and the innovative ideas behind it. My concern is that the team should continue to build on their vision and not abandoning their projects the way people who have been in the previous seasons complained. And I support that the Tron admin should add memecoin tokens in the track because memecoin is where people are most interested in.

1 Like

It is very true about everything that you have said it, the part where some projects have half details is very very bad but I think it is the work of the judge to say what stays and what should go, thank you

1 Like

how many we are in this hacakaTRON???

Hackathon from Tron and it’s S6 and I still remember the 1st season too!

How time passes and this community of Tron keeps on grinding and building

Love this space to explore with lot of new ideas and project always

This time I will try to be active and try asking questions and feedback’s so it would be Interactive

Well, as meme season exploding all the blockchains, so believe Tron will be strong :muscle: next!

I live meme coins as it onboard millions of users to crypto space

So being Tron as a top blockchain which never sleeps looking forward for some mind blowing numbers soon than expected. All the best to all the projects and let’s see who the best wins !

Good luck all

5 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback! Let’s compile answers to some of the unanswered questions.

The TRON DAO team definitely considered making the entire registration process simple, but it is not as straightforward as it seems. Since the hackathon platform we partner with is likely to change each season, and the partnered platforms don’t have a solution to integrate directly into our forum, we can’t make the registration seamless. Furthermore, it is easier to register on external platforms. Therefore, even if there’s a solution to automatically enroll as a HackaTRON participant on the forum, we may get a lot of spam registrations.

After multiple discussions, we decided to keep the registration this way as it will sift out those who are more serious from those who are just playing around. Additionally, participants are told and reminded multiple times to create a forum project post at the beginning of the HackaTRON. They are supposed to engage with the community as much as possible and not create a topic at the last minute just to be eligible for the rules.

We’ve noticed there have been several calls for the inclusion of memetokens for the next HackaTRON. We certainly like the idea as it could provide a fun experience. However, dedicating the same level of prizes to memetokens efforts might not be justified, considering that a memetokens project can literally be created within a day, whereas efforts for other tracks may take months. Perhaps a separate side track would be more appropriate? Let’s follow up with a question on this next!

9 Likes

Here are 4 more questions to keep you entertained while you wait for the results of judging/voting!

5. Do you think there’s a need to increase or decrease the community prize amounts? (P.S. We already saw an opinion from a member here and would like to know the opinions of others) The community had different opinions in previous seasons, and we’re wondering what the current opinion is.

6. If we were to have a memetoken sidetrack, or perhaps a separate activity of its own, what could TRON try out? Have you noticed any interesting memetoken events happening on other blockchains that you think would be good for us to try?

7. Those who have been here long enough should know about the TRON Builder Tour (TBT) during our HackaTRON. Where would you like to see the TRON team visit?

8. We know that users from some countries are excluded from the HackaTRON. If certain policies change, we are sure the team will lift those exclusions. If you are affected by this, please voice out and let us know where you are from and what kind of projects you are planning to enter to HackaTRON.

5 Likes

Please are you talking about community contribution prize or community vote prize for projects?

I propose allocating a portion of the Tron Hackathon prize pool to “Tron Tasks” selected by Trondao and the Tron community. Only previous hackathon winners will be eligible to participate in this track to ensure the team’s ability and commitment to deliver.

This idea will ensure that hackathon submissions align more closely with the specific needs and demands of Trondao and the Tron community. And prevent projects that take the prize money and walk away.

By providing targeted objectives, for example developing an on-chain voting system, fiat on/off ramp, NFT ticketing system, NFT software license system, marketplace for services, or banner auction system, we can encourage participants to create solutions that directly address the challenges and opportunities faced by the Tron ecosystem.

1 Like
  1. Increase, cause community = users. They know better what they would like to use and what they will actually use.

2. With a no-code platform and an AI image generator you can make a meme token in 5 minutes with no coding knowledge. What would be the ground to evaluate memes?

1 Like

I think this is the season i am most active so far because the platform always looked to overwhelming for me so i had to take time to understand how it works.

2 Likes