Project Name: Inheritokens
Project Track: DeFi
Team Name: Tokinhers
Team Member(s): Team of 2 @Bhumi @Jaydip
DevPost URL: Inheritokens | Devpost
Project Goal: Inheritokens lets you appoint a nominee and securely passes on your crypto assets in the event of your death.
inheritokens_landing_page.pdf (927.7 KB)
Project Website: https://inheritokens.vercel.app/
Demo Video URL : Inheritokens - YouTube
Project flow : Miro | Online Whiteboard for Visual Collaboration
Contract address : 0xaEF8eb4EDCB0177A5ef6a5e3f46E581a5908eef4 (mumbai testnet)
Project Test Instructions:
- On the landing page, you can see the Get Started button and the Wallet Connect button.
- connect your wallet by clicking on the “connect wallet” button.
- If your wallet address is not registered, you will be redirected to the “Sign Up” page if you click the “Get Started” button; otherwise, you will be redirected to the “Profile” page.
- On the profile page, you can see the collectibles, tokens, and nominee buttons.
- You can see the list of nominees you’ve added by clicking on the “Nominee” button, and you can add a nominee by clicking on the “Add Nominee” button.
- On collectibles, you have a button that says “Choose nominee.” By clicking on that button, you can choose the nominee for that asset. After choosing a nominee, it will show “nominated” and a “change nominee” button for that asset. You can also change your nominee for that asset.
Project Details: Inheritokens provides a way to ensure the tokens, NFTs, and digital assets of a user don’t go redundant within the wallet.
So, if any wallet sees an absence of activity such as buying, selling, receiving, sending, or swapping in 6 months, the wallet owner shall be contacted through an official email.
In an event where the owner responds within a 1-month time frame from the date of communication, we consider the wallet to be “alive” although inactive.
Whereas, in an event where the wallet owner hasn’t responded, an email to the nominee is sent out to claim the assets of the ghost user. The nominees must visit the website to claim the assets.
As of now, the functionality is specific to MetaMask wallets in the Polygon blockchain. We aim to develop a multi-chain system for the easy transfer of assets from one wallet to another, or from one blockchain to another without difficulties.
25-10-2022 : Backen Api, Contract, Raw designs, Miro board
5-11-2022 : chron job, UI, Api integration
8-11-2022 : Responsive, smart contract integration
- Enhance the platform’s functionality for smart wallet backup and recovery. When private keys are lost, the upcoming version will also be employed to guard against the loss of cryptographic assets.
- We will also collaborate with non-profit organizations. The user can donate some of their assets. If no claims are made by the nominee, the unclaimed assets can be donated. Our platform will not suggest any charities. The TRON community can play an active role in suggesting such organizations.
- We will make the platform compatible with multiple blockchains so that it will increase its accessibility for a wide range of users.
- In version 2, we will include a feature that allows you to add a number of nominees in priority order. So after the user’s demise, if the first nominee, which has the highest priority, does not respond, we will move forward with the second nominee and in like manner.
- Moreover, we will provide functionality where users can divide their tokens among multiple nominees. For example, you want to give 60% of your BTT token to Alice and 40% of your token to B. That will be done in our next version.