Why are we still behind?

I think about this alot and see this as a multi-dimensional issue. Aside from many not having sufficient crypto education, I believe its also about relatability.

All of us on this forum know about USDT, BTC, TRX, ETH, USDD etc… okay great…

But how does this relate to @Nana66419 and people in his country Ghana? or my country Trinidad? same for the many other countries perceived as behind.

There is a wide gap between a person’s understanding of their local currency and that of what is “packaged” as crypto education.

Think about this - if crypto educators in various “lagging” countries are telling people to use Q crypto instead of their own native currency because of X,Y,Z reasons -without even evolving the people’s own currency first- what is the message they are sending - this could be perceived as a form of “digital colonialisation” packaged as “decentralisation”- not so?

To help bridge that gap, I think there needs to be relatable technology so people in these countries can think of and use their own local currency in this new abstract way, on-chain. This would help inspire/kickstart localised growth and internal wealth circulation.

Of course this doesn’t factor in gov’t push backs in the adoption mix etc…
Now, forget the politics, powerplay bruhaha and media narratives for a moment-

If one were to look at a facet of this from a country’s gov’t perspective: a foreign entity is pushing their incentivised agenda to use a particular crypto instead of their own local currency+value. Now, if people were to use this, alot of that local wealth circulation could initially end up being exported to that foreign entity via the internet. Gov’ts would understandably be cautious even more so if no one in their own country has any true governance access. A valid concern.

Many of the countries “lagging” behind, were exploited in some way in the past history, many still dealing with that in the present day. This also has some facet to play in all this so must be considered in the approach one takes to adoption.

And now, here we have people asking why do we need stablecoins for these other countries? Because we exist too. More real than meme coins lol. It’s about Representation + Inclusion + Adoption + Inspiration for the future local generations.

Anyway…I hope my thought ramblings makes sense to readers here.

I did my best not shill my hackathon submission above :innocent:
Now I would lol:
With goStables Protocol we can launch a public stablecoin for every country that wants it… e.g gGHS (Ghanian Cedi). Even people in these countries can govern their own gStable locally and collaborate globally. If the gov’t of said country also wants to co-govern with the local public, they can, while not impeding the innovation of the citizens who build upon it locally. Check out our submission and see if what we’re doing aligns with you:

:vulcan_salute:

4 Likes