SunnyDAO - DAO as a service

Project Name: SunnyDAO - DAO as a service
Project Track: Web3
Team Name: SunnyDAO
Team Member(s): @bahauddin @
HackerEarth Project Link: baha9_71f1 - HackaTRON Season 5 - Submission | HackerEarth Hackathons
Project Goal: SunnyDAO is an innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform designed to empower communities with trust through the utilization of a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) framework. SunnyDAO is built on the Tron infrastructure with the principles of transparency, collaboration, and fairness. SunnyDAO enables communities to govern themselves, make decisions collectively, have a transparency payments process and build trust-based ecosystems. Everything in just a couple clicks. Start your DAO today and give everyone in your community a voice.

Problem Value: Community is key for many organisations, specially like NGOs and small organisations. Based on experience and research we found four difficulties:

• Engage and giving members a voice

• Onboard and getting new users (scale)

• The payment and processes are not always transparent for donators

• Get revenue to achieve goals as community

That’s why we created: SunnyDAO: DAO as a service, to Empower Your Community with Trust

Project Info:

SunnyDAO: DAO as a service to Empower Your Community with Trust: SunnyDAO gives any community the possibility to use a DAO for the best community experience, regardless the size of the community.

See the presentation for more information, about the business model, scale and team:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFwZGEDH5A/xZfoKadzEBBNDBUWkHEo6A/edit?utm_content=DAFwZGEDH5A&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

Intended Users: There are 1.5 million nonprofit organizations in the United States. Nonprofits employ 10% of the U.S. workforce. Community engagement is key for nonprofit organizations.

Students and teachers from universities (4,000 colleges and universities in the USA)

USA has 108,000 cities

Unique Value Proposition:

SunnyDAO gives every organisation the possibility to create their own DAO in a couple minutes. At the moment organisations using social media platforms on web2, whit fake accounts and no control. Their responsibility is huge with many consequences. SunnyDAO gives big/medium/small organisations the possibility to give the voice to their community, where the SunnyDAO voting and ranking system will help to build a strong community. Another benefit, specially for small organisations is to setup revenue streams.

SunnyDAO provides multiple channels so your community DAO is set for:

• Transparency and connecting: voting & chat

• Revenue: sales, grants, member subscriptions & donations

• Respect for data, the community has control over their own data

Project Website: SunnyDAO

VIdeo Sunny DAO video on Vimeo

Project Test Instructions:

Getting Started

First, run :

npm i
# or
yarn

Then, run the development server:

npm run dev
# or
yarn dev

Implementation

We haved deployed the SunnyDAO smart contract on the Tron Nile network. Here Dao manager can create DAOs, Goals. And other users can create Ideas and donate or vote to ideas. Apart from this we have used builder. So, here the DAO manager can customise his DAO page. The customizations are saving into smart contract. Then we are retrieving saved html in DAO page.

Builder Code

/pages/DesignDao/index.jsx

Project Details:

We have integrated Tron blockchain system in our website. Here we have created Tron Smart contract. There has many view and call functions. We have deployed it on Tron Nile Network. Then we are using TronLink for wallet connection. Here using tronweb we are calling those smart contract functions. And for the builder we are using grapejs plugin. It provides a website building accessibility. Using this Dao manager can customize his own created DAO as he wish.

Smart Contract links:

Project Milestones:

• Design (Completed)
  • Creating a Solidity Smart contract for SunnyDAO (Completed)
  • Integrating TronLink into SunnyDAO (Completed)
  • Making builder for dao manager to customize as he wish (Completed)
9 Likes

I can only welcome and wish you well. I have no idea how these SaaS works.

All the best, make sure you update all infos

4 Likes

Welcome mate
Checking well you have some previous projects.

Wavedata

Any update for this?

2 Likes

WaveData has a new name MyOwnData. I was helping the team to submit the project, because they where at BioTechX and where waiting hours on approval to submit. I know them pretty well so helped them with submitting the project.

Welcome to Grand Hackathon Season5
You submitted 3 projects in season 4
Wavedata
ForGreen
Ecodao

Any updates about all these projects

2 Likes

MyOwnData = WaveData, but with a new name. This project is not a project anymore. It’s a startup that gets many attention. Also we got a 300k grant. It take a lot of time.

ForGreen and EcoDao is something that I not continue for now, because MyOwnData is growing quick. However the money that we won with these two projects are invested in MyOwnData😊

4 Likes

They are rocking the product, see their page here MyOwnData - I own my data, my data is my own

1 Like

Thank you for helping, it was stressful to get approval to submit.

Okay, after that do you still have connections with them or you know of their latest updates?

1 Like

oh this does not sound good to me, so how many projects do you have in S5?

1 Like

I know them very well. I helped them to submit the project because they are in Basel to present at biotechx and where waiting on approval to submit. Also I think there is nothing wrong to help people😊

One project I am fully involved and one project I integrated the Tron wallet

2 Likes

Welcome to Season 5, I’ve seen Metaverse as a Service (MaaS) with zilliqa Blockchain, seeing “SunnyDAO - DAO as a service” and one thing comes to mind; “innovation at it’s finest”.
A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) framework as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform is rare and a first to me and I’m curious.
What are plans by SunnyDAO to attract and onboard new organizations and communities to it’s platform and what is the governance model like?
Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to season 5 and I particularly wish you the best of luck and success.

1 Like

How far, have you come with the invested so far in the project?
How would you convince the community that you won’t dump a project this time if you were to win?

3 Likes

Thanks @manfred_jr for the response. In our research and winning the Harvard hackathon, we saw the ask from organisations to having a DAO. Specially for non profit organisations, universities, communities and cities. However the term DAO and the benefits of it, is for many organisations difficult. This is the reason why we build SunnyDAO, a DAO as a service. Or maybe know WIX and JIMDO, where you can build a website in just a couple clicks. SunnyDAO is doing this for creating a DAO with your own customize designs. We are now setting up the first test case with Lake Nona and a couple Universities. In the presentation (see above) you can see mee more information😊

1 Like

Thank you for the reaction @Okorie :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for the reaction @Nweke-nature1.com. As I already explained, we used the hackathons to learn more about TRON and working on projects. The money that we won is invest in the healthcare product to build new things. What we have seen is that the other project has a difficult business case. SunnyDAO started three months ago and won already 5 awards and we setting up the first pilots. Sometimes you have to experience and try to come up later with a project that has a real business value. If you have other questions, please let me know :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for replying, tho late but I presume you’re having a plate full from your project, irl tasks and work behind the scenes. A DAO can be very tasking so I’d like to know, what are the common challenges faced and hurdles you overcame in your journey so far, thank you!

1 Like

Hello!

I am curious what the process for a user would look like. If I came to your platform and wanted to create my own DAO for a soccer team or local Community what would that require?

2 Likes